There's nothing like warm homemade pancakes on a cloudy winter day. With a big mug of tea.
It doesn't have to be for breakfast either. I made these at 4pm.
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon wholewheat flour
1 tablespoon powdered milk
1 egg, separated
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon (1/2 oz) butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 apple, peeled and grated
- Sift the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the milk, egg yolk and melted butter until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the grated apple.
- Whisk the egg white, by hand or with an electric mixer, until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg white into the batter.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle and cook the pancakes (about 3 tablespoons batter for each pancake) for a few minutes or until browned on each side .
- Serve with maple syrup or honey and some single cream.