I was losing daylight as I started to photograph these trifles and I didn't get a lot of pictures, let alone any good ones.
But that wasn't going to keep me from posting this recipe, because it is REALLY good.
Now it's not the best thing for you health-wise, but what good dessert ever is?
Also, it is stupidly simple to make. You could substitute whatever fruit you like and/or swap the Digestive biscuits for something else, if you prefer.
I cant wait to try this with peaches!
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
2 cups crushed Digestive biscuits (about 14 biscuits)
4 cups sliced strawberries
200–250g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
2 tablespoons milk
- Mix together the crushed Digestive biscuits and melted butter. Spread the biscuit mixture evenly in a serving dish (it is best to use a glass bowl/dish so you can see all the layers, but anything will do).
- In a small saucepan, add water and caster sugar and cook on low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and then turn off the heat. Add the sliced strawberries and mix well.
- Spoon the strawberries evenly over the biscuit layer.
- In a mixing bowl, add the whipped cream and beat with an electric mixer until it doubles in volume and soft peaks form.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the icing sugar and milk and beat again to mix.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese and whipped cream mixture over the strawberries.
- Decorate with crushed Digestive biscuits.
- This trifle is best eaten chilled, so refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.