I rescued a poor neglected apple from my fruit basket today.
And turned it into muffins.
These are simple, quick and delicious. 10 minutes to make the batter, 20 minutes to bake.
Perfect accompaniment to my afternoon tea...
1/2 cup plain white flour
1/2 cup wholewheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup yogurt
1 apple, peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Sift the flours, baking powder and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, egg, oil, yogurt and grated apple. Mix until just combined. Don't stir or mix too much.
- Grease six muffin cups and divide the batter evenly between them.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.