In my 3+ years of blogging, I've only posted two drink recipes.
This one is my fourth this month!
A refreshing drink is an essential part of the Iftar spread and it was fun this year to try some new drink recipes. Peaches are my favourite fruit so a peach lemonade experiment was bound to happen and I'm happy to report it was a huge success. This lemonade is packed with fresh fruity flavour and though it might a bit of extra work, it beats any packaged drink mix out there.
This post might just be my favourite because not only was the lemonade delicious, but just look at those sunflowers!
Serves 4 to 6
2 large peaches (approx. 450g)
4 cups water
⅓ to ½ cup lemon juice
½ to ¾ cup simple syrup
½ peach, cut into four wedges or thinly sliced
- Peel the peaches, remove the stones, and roughly chop them up.
- Add the peaches to a blender with 1 cup water and blend until smooth.
- Add the peach puree, 3 cups water, ⅓ cup lemon juice and ½ cup simple syrup to a large jug and stir.
- Taste and add more lemon juice and/or simple syrup if you want.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve with ice and peach wedges/slices.