I couldn't because I didn't know how to make it.
But now I do know how to make it (thanks to my mother's aunt) so, if I wanted to, I could eat it every day.
Because it's ridiculously simple.
1 1/2 to 2 cups yogurt
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
Salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl, add the yogurt and some salt. Whip with a fork until the yogurt is smooth.
- Cut the eggplant in half, lengthwise, and thinly slice. Cut the potato in the same way.
- Shallow fry the eggplant until light golden brown on each side. Fry the eggplant slices in batches, do not crowd the pan. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Next, shallow fry the potatoes until tender and lightly golden brown on each side. Remove from pan and cool.
- Sprinkle some salt on the eggplant and potato.
- In the same pan, heat about 3 tablespoons of oil (there should be enough left over from the shallow frying, if not add more). Add the garlic and turmeric, and cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add the cumin seeds, cook for a few more seconds and remove from heat.
- Add the eggplant and potatoes to the pan and mix well.
- Add this mixture to the yogurt. Stir to combine.